• Wish

This month’s One Word Project theme over at Shutter Sisters is “wish”.  During a lovely Saturday evening with my Calmer of relaxing, listening to holiday music,  and getting cards ready to mail I had a spark of inspiration hit. This photo is the outcome. I have a lot of wishes this holiday.

What do you wish for this holiday season?

As you think, so you are.

As you dream, so you become.

As you create your wishes, so they create you.

~Wendy Garrett~

NaBloPoMo Daily Mitzvah: Tonight I will be hosting a family dinner. My parents and The Calmer’s parents will be coming over to our home for the evening. We are fortunate that our families get along so well and we can host joint affairs every once an awhile. Tonight’s menu? Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic rolls, salad, green beans, and spice cake for dessert. My mouth in watering in anticipation.

TaraDecember 6, 2009 - 8:38 am

You are really lucky to have both sets of your parents close by. It is nice to have my in-laws here, but sometimes it would be nice to invite my parents over too! Have a great time!

CatinaDecember 6, 2009 - 11:14 am

You know – we have the same situation. My husband's parents and mine are actually really close and every since we've been married we've always had joint holiday celebrations – we all get together at either one or the other's house (or our own). It's such a blessing! Over time they've actually grown so close that they sometimes hang out when we're not even there! Go shopping, to ball games, talk on the phone… it's funny sometimes… but such a wonderful gift.Love your photo – you're really having a great series of holiday shots here… so impressed!

curiousillusionDecember 6, 2009 - 5:13 pm

I wish for a star like that, it's pretty! Or I just wish for a macro lens already. 🙂

MomDecember 7, 2009 - 11:32 am

Dinner was fabulous!

bella rose photographyDecember 7, 2009 - 6:29 pm

Thanks Katie!

bella rose photographyDecember 7, 2009 - 6:29 pm

Wow! That is really close. Hopefully they don't talk about the two of you too much on their outings without you!

bella rose photographyDecember 7, 2009 - 6:30 pm

Tara I can sort of relate. My mom does spend her winters in Florida so there is always a long stretch during the winter where I do not get to see her and I wish she was back home and closer.

fb icon fb icon twitter icon rss icon