• Family Friday | Lovettsville VA Family Photographer

When I was first referred to Cranial Technologies by our pediatrician because our poor baby has a “flat head” the immediate dread hit the pit of my stomach. “A helmet???” Then there were the thoughts of taking her out in public. The stares. The laughs. The wonders. Friends told me they didn’t notice her flat spot at all. But I did. All the time. And even though without treatment that flat spot would most likely disguise itself under a head of thick beautiful hair, in the end I couldn’t have regrets. I didn’t want Brie to yell at me 16 years down the road because I didn’t “fix” her. This too shall pass and we are going to make the most of the 3 months of our Brielle Rose wearing a “crown”, or as her daddy kindly puts it, her 3 months as “an astronaut”.

We were so lucky to discover the non-profit called Wrap Buddies, dedicated to making these medical orthotics look beautiful.  They are a network of auto wrap shops, dedicating their time and resources to wrapping these bands for free!! Our band was wrapped by affiliate Wrap Buddies shop, Beyond Graphix, in Hyattsville, MD.

We are almost 2 weeks in to Brie wearing her band and we all couldn’t be happier!

KatMay 6, 2011 - 7:23 pm

I think she’s absolutely adorable with it! And honestly? She doesn’t care what other people think and neither should you (easier said than done I know). If people get freaked out by the helmet I swear those eyes melt that feeling away…she’s soooooo beautiful! I just wanna cuddle her hehe

LeeAnnMay 6, 2011 - 7:25 pm

Love the helmet! and that pink chair!

KerriMay 6, 2011 - 7:49 pm

She is beautiful!! And I love her band. Beautiful design!! Lovely pictures too, of course.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘1834869674 which is not a hashcash value.

SaraMay 6, 2011 - 8:22 pm

She’s still the yummiest thing ever! Way to go, brave mom!

stoppingfordaisiesMay 6, 2011 - 8:42 pm

Aw, she looks gorgeous even with her little “crown”. Actually, her pretty eyes and gorgeous smile make it so you don’t even notice it… although it is a pretty sweet looking helmet!

SharonMay 6, 2011 - 9:12 pm

Beautiful as always 🙂

SusanMay 7, 2011 - 8:02 am

Just love how she is looking at her Daddy 🙂 She just can’t get any cuter, helmet or no helmet.

Scott HyonMay 9, 2011 - 9:21 am

Aww! She looks rock’in. I love the photos and blog. This is why I love this work!

Thank you for giving me this great memory! I had a blast working on the helmet.

P.S. I never got to tell you that I loved the design.

ElayneMay 10, 2011 - 9:14 am

Brielle is so photogenic and the photographer captures her with precision. See you soon! Love the rosy colors.